Friday, May 15, 2015

Monastery Retreat Memories Part One

Source
Ten years ago I made a silent, week-long retreat to Holy Cross, a Cistercian monastery on the Shenandoah River in Virginia.

It was one of the most amazing, and in some ways bizarre, experiences of my life.

As soon as I got back, I typed up my experiences. The final document was two hundred pages long. I mailed it to a handful of friends who were kind enough to read it. They asked me when I'd publish it. I never thought I would. 

Now I am rereading those pages. 

I began the monastery diary with a description of something odd and wonderful that happened in November, 2004.

...

Updating this on June 8, 2015. I had thought to post the monastery diary here on my blog ... but a friend urged me to self publish it. It looks like that is what will happen. I'll announce here on the blog when it is available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment