Friday, March 31, 2017

Lent / Tarot / Glee: the Nine of Cups

Source
Today's randomly drawn tarot card is one of everyone's favorites: the nine of cups. It is sometimes called the "wish come true" card.

Some of my favorite Biblical expressions of joy are below.

Isaiah 26:19: "Awake and sing, oh ye who dwell in dust."
This is a promise of Messianic times.

Psalm 118:24: "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad."
A Psalm of victory.

Psalm 149:3 "Praise his name with dancing, accompanied with tambourine and harp."

Luke 1:46: "My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my savior."
This is Mary after an angel told her she'd been selected to be the mother of the Messiah.

John 10:10 "I have come that you may have life, and have it abundantly."
Jesus wants every good thing for us.


And … that's all I've got. It's been a hectic day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment